The Johnson City Housing Authority provides public housing opportunities at eight different locations for eligible Johnson City families and for those who are elderly and disabled. Rent is determined by income. Review the information below to learn about eligibility requirements and how to get on the JCHA public housing wait list.
*The JCHA is not taking any applications for Public Housing, Section 8 vouchers, or Project-Based Rental Assistance at this time.*
Public Housing Includes
- Responsive management
- 24-hour on-call maintenance
- Building and grounds maintenance provided
- Water, sewer, trash and pest control furnished
- Refrigerator, stove furnished
- Townhouses and flats–up to 5 bedrooms
- 1 year lease
- Public Transportation accessibility
- Youth sports programs
- Nationally-recognized child care program
Get on the Public Housing Wait List
Families or individuals must submit an application and meet specific eligibility requirements to be placed on the wait list.
Report a Change in Income
Submit an electronic form to report your change of income. All other changes must be reported in person at the JCHA Main Administrative Office.