*The JCHA is not accepting any applications at this time*
Step 1: Check Eligibility Requirements
Please be sure you meet the eligibility requirements and income limits below.
- Qualify as a family
- Meet citizenship/eligible immigrant criteria
- Provide documentation of Social Security numbers
- Must sign consent authorization documents.
- Meet the Johnson City Housing Authority screening criteria
- Have an income within the income limits (see table below)
FY 2015 Income Limits Summary
Johnson City, TN MSA, Median income $38,590
|2015 Income Limits||2015 Income Limit Category||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
|1||Very Low (50%) Income Limits||18,350.00||21,000.00||23,600.00||26,200.00||28,300.00||30,400.00||32,500.00||34,600.00|
|2||Extremely Low (30%) Income Limits||11,770.00||15,930.00||20,090.00||24,250.00||28,300.00||30,400.00||32,500.00||34,600.00|
|3||Low (80%) Income Limits||29,350.00||33,550.00||37,750.00||41,900.00||45,300.00||48,650.00||52,000.00||55,350.00|
The Johnson City, TN MSA contains the following areas: Carter County, TN ; Unicoi County, TN ; and Washington County, TN . For details on the calculation steps for each of the various parameters, please click the “Median Income” column heading or the Income Limits row labels (“Very Low-Income (50%) Limits”, “Extremely Low-Income (30%) Limits”, and “Low-Income (80%) Limits”). Income Limit areas are based on FY 2015Fair Market Rent (FMR) areas. For a detailed account of how this area is derived please see our associated FY 2015 Fair Market Rent documentation system.
Step 2: Download Public Housing Application
To get your name on our public housing waiting list, please download and print the application using the link below. Hard copy applications are available at 901 Pardee Street, Administration Offices.
Step 3: Apply in Person
Once you complete all sections, sign and date your application and bring it in person to:
Johnson City Housing Authority
901 Pardee Street
Johnson City, Tennessee 37605
* Applications only accepted Monday through Thursday 9am to 12pm.
Step 4: Same-Day Interview
We will conduct your personal interview when you turn in your completed application.
Please bring the following items with your application:
- Proof of identity for all adults in the family
- Social Security Cards for all family members
- Birth Certificates for all family members
- Income statements with account numbers, names and addresses
- Contact information for current and previous landlords
- Medical expense report for elderly or disabled family members
- Proof of marital status