Vehicle Parking

Residents who park their motor vehicles on Housing Authority Property must abide by the January 21, 2010 Johnson City Housing Authority Motor Vehicle Parking Policy and register their vehicles.

Vehicle Registration

Follow the steps below to register a vehicle:

  • Residents must present proof of vehicle ownership and a valid registration to the Authority’s Department of Community Policing.
  • Residents with a valid driver’s license are eligible to register one vehicle each.
  • Vehicle registration and driver’s license must be issued from the State of Tennessee.

Registered Guests Parking

Registered guests with a temporary vehicle permit issued by the Department of Community Policing may park on Authority property between the hours of 12 midnight and 6:00 AM.

Apply for a Temporary Vehicle Permit

Follow the steps below to obtain a temporary vehicle permit for registered guests:

  • Temporary vehicle permits may be obtained at the Authority’s Central Administrative Office at 901 Pardee Street between 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
  • Display your temporary vehicle permit on the rear window so that it can be seen.
  • Don’t forget to register any guest that will be staying with you.

Vehicle Violations

Whenever it shall appear that a violation of the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Policy exists, the Authority shall give, or cause to be given, notice to the registered owner of the motorized vehicle in violation, advising that such motorized vehicle violates these provisions and directing that such motorized vehicle is to be removed from Authority property within 48 hours at the owner’s expense. Such notice shall be served upon the owner of the vehicle by leaving a copy of such notice on the vehicle (parking citation).

For more vehicle policy information, download our Motorized Vehicle Policy