Welcome to the Johnson City Housing Authorities Employment Opportunities page.
This position will assist the Department of Admissions and Occupancy with data entry for applications and annual/interim recertifications, as well as maintenance of tenant files for the Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Project Based Vouchers and HUD-VASH Programs. This position will also be responsible for providing backup assistance to the Executive Assistant, the Tenant Accounts Receivable Assistant, and other department employees as needed.
- Receives tenant files for data input.
- Mails out any tenant correspondence necessary after data input.
- Verifies rental references for previous PH residents to other PH agencies and landlords when requested.
- Assists with filing of responses to third-party verification requests in appropriate applicant files.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A college degree with coursework in business administration, public administration, or human services is preferred.
- Two years’ experience in position(s) involving considerable public contact. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and special skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with computerized accounting systems and electronic data entry.
For a full and complete job description see here: Administrative Assistant Position Description
How to Apply
Applicants may submit resumes, or applications to:
Johnson City Housing Authority
P.O. Box 59
Johnson City, TN 37605-0059
JCHA Job Application for download > JCHA Job Application
JCHA Job Application for electronic completion > JCHA Application for Electronic Submission
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Johnson City Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, disability or any other legally protected status in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities. The Johnson City Housing Authority does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968
Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C. 1701u and 24 CFR Part 135) requires that locations receiving certain HUD financial assistance provide (to the greatest extent feasible) job training, employment, and contracting opportunities for low- or very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. The Johnson City Housing Authority encourages Section 3 residents and businesses in our community to apply and participate in employment or contracting opportunities when they arise.
For more information about our employment policies, contact the Administration Offices listed above.