Community Walking Trails Walk your way to a healthier lifestyle
We hope you have an enjoyable exercise experience, please follow these Rules of the Trail
1. No littering‚ including cigarette butts.
2. No motorized vehicles are allowed on the walking trail unless a disability requires one.
3. No bicycles or tricycles on the walking trail.
4. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
5. Possession or use of fireworks, alcohol or illegal substance is prohibited.
6. Please yield right-of-way to other participants whose pace might be faster.
7. Be alert and courteous to oncoming automobile traffic.
Download a Map:
- Pinecrest Trail map (PDF)
- Lake Terrace Trail map (PDF)
- Dunbar Trail map (PDF)
- Carver Trail map (PDF)
Thanks to a regional cooperative effort among residents, businesses, and local governments, the dream of a multi-use recreational trail between Johnson City and Elizabethton is becoming a reality. Section I of the trail, from the trailhead at Alabama Street in Johnson City to Sycamore Sholes State Park in Elizabethon – opened Labor Day Weekend, 2014. For more information about The Tweetsie Trail or how you can make a contribution to this project, visit www.TweetsieTrail.com.