Community Walking Trails Walk your way to a healthier lifestyle
We hope you have an enjoyable exercise experience, please follow these Rules of the Trail.
- No littering‚ including cigarette butts.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the walking trail unless a disability requires one.
- No bicycles or tricycles on the walking trail.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Possession or use of fireworks, alcohol or illegal substance is prohibited.
- Please yield right-of-way to other participants whose pace might be faster.
- Be alert and courteous to oncoming automobile traffic.
Download a Map:
- Pinecrest Trail map (PDF)
- Lake Terrace Trail map (PDF)
- Dunbar Trail map (PDF)
- Carver Trail map (PDF)
Thanks to a regional cooperative effort among residents, businesses, and local governments, the dream of a multi-use recreational trail between Johnson City and Elizabethton is becoming a reality. Section I of the trail, from the trailhead at Alabama Street in Johnson City to Sycamore Sholes State Park in Elizabethon – opened Labor Day Weekend, 2014. For more information about The Tweetsie Trail or how you can make a contribution to this project, visit www.TweetsieTrail.com.