The Department of Admissions and Occupancy is responsible for receiving and processing all applications for Public Housing and the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program as well as screening prospective residents to evaluate eligibility for Public Housing and Section 8 Rental Assistance.
The department also coordinates the offer and assignment of units for applicants and residents receiving new units, issues vouchers, and conducts briefings for the Section 8 Program.
Applying for Housing
The Admissions and Occupancy department accepts Public Housing Applications for open programs Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. Visit Public Housing and Section 8 information pages for a listing of open and closed programs.
Admissions and Occupancy Staff
- Robin Walker, Director of Admissions and Occupancy
- John Coleman Leasing/Marketing Administrator
- Angie Grissom, Occupancy Specialist, Public Housing
- Anita Torbett, Occupancy Specialist, Section 8
- Shannon Wilson, Applications Administrator
- Shawn Young, Administrative Assistant